Thursday, January 31, 2008

until we meet again...

today i had the incredible opportunity to attend President Gordon B. Hinckley's viewing. what an amazing experience! as i walked in to the room i was overwhelmed with gratitude for such a great man. he taught me to be a better person and through his example, i was able to get through the hardest time in my life. i can only imagine as he returned home the great reunion that took place. how honored to know that my sweet rylee ann was there to welcome him home.

one of my favorite quotes of his...

"to stand a little taller, to lift our eyes and stretch our minds to a greater comprehension and understanding of the grand millennial mission of this The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This is a season to be strong. It is a time to move forward without hesitation, knowing well the meaning, the breadth, and the importance of our mission. It is a time to do what is right regardless of the consequences that might follow. It is a time to be found keeping the commandments. It is a season to reach out with kindness and love to those in distress and to those who are wandering in darkness and pain. It is a time to be considerate and good, decent and courteous toward one another in all of our relationships. In other words, to become more Christlike."

until we meet...

i will miss you.

*i did not take this first picture...




i wanted to put the link to the song that i have heard several times on the radio. i've downloaded it and made several copies already for family...

click here

16 comments:

Granum Family said...

I'm so happy that you were able to go to this! What an amazing experience. I am sure he gave Rylee a big hug when he saw her! Love you!

Kristina said...

what a great post! you've inspired me!

sara b said...

Thank you thank you for sharing that song. . .very touching to hear his voice and words of wisdom.

Jenn Granum said...

I LOVE that quote! He was so awesome. What a time of mixed emotions for us all but I'm sure he is STOKED right now!

Jewels said...

What a beautiful post, how awesome that you got to go! That quote is so powerful, and the song link made me a bit misty...not going to lie.

carrie said...

Becky....I just loved your post, and the pictures are amazing, as usual. I'm envious of you being able to go!! What an amazing experience.

Unknown said...

that was great! and thanks for the link!!

also, great pics!

Beth Davis said...

A man who was truly Christ-like. I will continue to thank Heavenly Father everyday for him. Thanks for the beautiful tribute Becks!

Jocelyn Allan said...

I'm so jealous you were able to go. Your pictures are beautiful!

Tanya Kimball said...

What an amazing experience! I love that song too! We've been listening to it on FM100 and I'm teaching the children's song to my primary kids because I loved it so much! I'm sure his reunion with other family members was incredible!

Unknown said...

Such a good quote from the prophet, one of the many. You take amazing pictures.

Shannon said...

Absolutely Beautiful! You are such a sweetheart!

Shannon said...

Becks, i just listened to it and Downloaded it myself! I am Bawling, it's Beautiful, thank you for that!

{jane} said...

Becky ~ Thanks for popping in on my blog, I always check out yours for the AMAZING photography! I had a great cannon rebel a few years back and sold it because I never used it to it's potential, I love my canon elph "point-n-shoot" and now that I'm in love with blogging I totally want an awesome camera again with some great lenses. When the day comes, I'll be looking for you to tell me what to get!!!

jenny said...

I too agree, he was an amazing man. I hope that I will always remember his example and try to be more like him.

Jodi said...

Hi there, I found you off of Jessica's blog (Lost Button Studio) and I love your photography. Would there be anyway I could purchase a print of the temple with the flags in front of it? I LOVE IT!! You can email me at luv2luvshoes@yahoo.com

Thanks! Jodi Palmer
ayummylife.blogspot.com