Monday, November 26, 2007

i'm still here...

wowza! i have been so busy, but wanted to quickly post and tell you that i'm still alive. i got back from a girls trip to arizona with ryan's family and just have been going, going, going.

a milestone happened yesterday though and i had to share. i thought about it and i think it's quite "blog" worthy. i took max's diaper off in the morning and he ran to the bathroom (he likes to pretend to wipe and flush). this time though he climbed on the toilet, sat down backwards, and tinkled...three times! i was SO impressed. ecstatic to say the least.

and of course i had to document this event...



26 comments:

Tanya Kimball said...

WOW! That is AMAZING! I love that he is sitting backwards! Who said boys are harder to potty train than girls? Max is doing fantastic! Hope you guys celebrated!

mindy said...

I am so jealous... Jordan will sit and sit and sit, but nothing comes 'til the diapers back on again. This is definitely celebration worthy:)

Granum Family said...

Way to go Max!!!! You must be thrilled :)

Tanya Kimball said...

Okay Becks... you need to post some of the girls trip pics so that I can steal some for copies. Since I was counting on YOU as our photographer, I have not ONE!

Unknown said...

wow. what a smart guy to just go and do it himself! way to go!

Shanna said...

way to go Max! Those are some great pictures I must say! He is so cute!

Kelie said...

Such a big boy!!! yay! way to make the potty training easy for mom and dad! hope you are all doing well, miss you like crazy!!

Kelie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

WOW!! Definitely blog worthy! I am so jealous!! My babies are still not too interested, I am going to work on it ASAP now though!

megan said...

Yeah!!!!! For Max you little man! We are so excited for you to get big boy pants. Becky this is a huge milestone. I only wish it was that easy for me. Congratulations!! We need to celebrate!

Trish said...

Yes - definitely blog worhty and a celebration! Go, Max, Go!!! Hey, glad you like the pics on my blog - I seriously can't get enough of them. Wait until you see my Christmas card!!

Goodrich's said...

Wow! I wish that where me. I think Court is still a ways off. Good for Max!

christensen crew said...

Awesome, awesome! Looks like he will be an easy trainer for ya! Yip skip! And Becky, his eyes could not be more beautiful! Great shot!

Lucrecia said...

That is so totally fantastic! I am still waiting for Sasha to show the slightest inkling of ineterest. Way to go Max! And darling pics on the potty!

Kierstin said...

definitely blog worthy! Way to go Max-that is awesome! Cute pics too!

martha corinna said...

Congratulations to you!
And I am sorry about Sunday. I should have been there when you were looking for me.

Laurie said...

Very rude. I'm still fighting my boys with potty training daily! I think Max is a whole year younger.

Beth Davis said...

How do you manage to get amazing pictures of the toilet?? I'm pretty sure I love them because Max is so darn cute!

brooke romney said...

Congrats!!! I wish I could have seen you while you were next. Next time you are in AZ give me a shout!

Lindsey said...

Nothing better...

but I must admit there is a long road ahead of you! We are FINALLY accident free!

YAY for Max!

Leslee said...

Man, I don't think that day is ever going to come at our house!

carrie said...

Becky....I love your pictures!! Max is so cute. I can't believe how lucky you are..... I have been trying...and trying with Bo for the past YEAR. He just doesn't seem interested for more than a day or two. It's been so hard. (My other kids were so easy!!) Anyway, I'm jealous. :o)

Carrie

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

awesome pictures, honestly, of the toilet-now that's some talent :) That is a great feeling to know that diapers will soon be gone :). YEAH!!! He is on his way. Good Job, Max!

brit said...

Hey Becky...
This is Britnee Fullmer. I ran into Erin yesterday at Day's and got your blog address from her. Congrats on the pee-pee potty!!! Becks tells me he has to go, but he just wants to go in his diaper he says. Lucky me! Anyway, looks like all is going well for you guys. Your pics are beautiful!! I need to get my kids done! Write me back & let me know prices! Good to find your blog!

The Christensen Family said...

Whoa! We need to bring over a treat for him! This is so bigtime! Interesting how I haven't even mentioned the whole thing to Cole... Just waiting to dive into that kind of excitement until after the holidays... We will be grounded at home for a week... Is there ever a good time to do that?! We are so proud and so excited! xoxo

Douglass Family said...

Only the fun things to look forward to! Love the picts!
Mandy