Sunday, August 19, 2007

"today" part two...

thank you so much for all those sweet comments, i was overwhelmed with gratitude!

our little tradition for rylee's birthday and "anniversary" is that we go and release balloons (determined by her age). it is something we did for her funeral and something that i love to look forward to.

max was super excited to hold those balloons, a little tangled mess, but he was able to release them. such a sweet moment...

15 comments:

Granum Family said...

i LOVE these pics! what a sweet moment.

Darbee said...

Becky,
I almost feel silly leaving you a post, seeing as I hardly know you at all. But your blog is seriously one of my favorites! Your pictures are always so beautiful and even more...your words are so honest and inspiring. I am moved by the woman you are and the things that you have gone through. I am sorry about your little girl, but one thing is for sure...you are an example to us all. I am looking forward to getting to know you better!

marta said...

what a beautiful family you have. you are a sweet mom with a sweet tradition. your strength is an example to me. thank you for sharing these special moments.

martha corinna said...

Oh Becky, you start my day of with so much gratitude.

Beth Davis said...

Hey Becks- I love you so much and I hope you know how much I look up to and admire you in soooo many ways. You have a beautiful tradition that I'm sure will instill an appreciation for this life as well as the plan Heavenly Father has for us. You are an amazing mom! I can't wait to see you soon!

Tiffani and Christopher Guymon said...

What a great tradition! LOVE YOU!

Kierstin said...

I love it Becky! What a special and wonderful tradition! You are seriously SUCH an awesome mommy to your two amazing and beautiful children! I know Rylee is watching over your family and is just smiling and loving you all so much!

Tanya Kimball said...

So glad that you had a great day on Friday. Max just looks too big with those balloons!

sara b said...

What a neat tradition. I remember how touching it was at Rylee's funeral to watch those balloons soar. Max is such a sweet brother!

brooke romney said...

I'm so touched by your last two posts. I don't know how you do it--I'm just sitting here, reading your posts with tears streaming down my face. I look up to you so much. Love you.

aShLeY said...

HEY THIS IS THE CUTEST BLOG EVER!!I LOVE ALL THE SONGS AND PICS. OH YEA I FOUND YOUR BLOG THROUGH A FRIEND RANDOMLY.....BUT ANYWAY ITS WAY CUTE AND I LOVE IT!

Tate Family said...

I love how you capture EVERYTHING for us to share.

Shannon said...

Beautiful Tradition! Especially so that Max can be so involved.
Your family is Beautiful!
I love the pictures.

kelly said...

such a wonderful tradition and beautiful pictures. thank you for sharing this intimate thoughts with all of us. it is such an inspiration.

Biddle Family said...

Becky,
You may never read this, but, I am truly inspired by you. I have lost a parent, brother, step-sister, but I have never imagined the loss of a child, I read this post and I was filled with emotion. How amazing you are, I am crying. You are an example to me. Thank you.