i want to think i'm creative, but i'm stuck...have been stuck for awhile. when ryan was gone for the night i decided to paint a wall in my bedroom...i'm loving it now, but i can't seem to find any fun pillows. the bedspread is from anthropologie and i wanted to bring in color to match the wall...any suggestions on where to look?
so...my fellow bloggers, the challenge is on...help me find some pillows and possibly help me with ideas for the wall?! there just may be something in it for you! i'm in desperate mode to finish the room.
*there are some amazingly creative people in the blogworld, so i'm turning to you...
23 comments:
oooh, i just love this. gorgeous paint color. perhaps you'll have to find some matching fabric and make some simple cases for cheap ikea pillows. or try the beautiful patterns on www.hableconstruction.com
best of luck!!
Oh I love the color Becky! I always come to you to get creative advice...if I think of anything I'll let you know :)
Square black (the bedspread is black and white?) frames with mirrors in them. 4 or 5 of them...Maybe you could mask a pattern on them with a little bit of the wall color and white from the bedspread. You are so creative, what are you talking about. Love the pattern, though! Cute, Cute!
Ok so I am not that creative, but I do know that target has some great pillows in all sorts of colors.
I love the black and white with the blue! I love the color of your walls...great color. You are going to a great job finishing it, I can't wait to see it! I was going to suggest Target too-they always seem to have great stuff!
My bedspread is almost the same and my walls are a little lighter, and I'm having the same problem. I don't know what else to add. I'm almost wishing I just did tan so I could do different pillow colors. I'll be looking to you for any great ideas. My friend is doing that cool yellow orange that is warm and bright and I think that would look great with your paint color, not so much with mine. Good luck.
I am no interior decorator, but I love Homegoods. It is part of TJMaxx in Brickyard. They always have TONS of cute pillows. I would even try to get some simple pillows and decorate them yourself. I used to live in my husbands grandparents house, and she had tons of vintage lace and buttons. I have done so many things with it, and it always turns out cute. You are more than welcome to use any of it. Send me an email murandabarker@gmail.com. Post a picture when you are done...it looks darling.
Becky it turned out sooooo cute. I love it. I will be thinking of something. Love the bedspread. The iron bed frame looks so good against the blue. I think any color will match and pattern too. Darling darling.
Becky it turned out sooooo cute. I love it. I will be thinking of something. Love the bedspread. The iron bed frame looks so good against the blue. I think any color will match and pattern too. Darling darling.
I love your taste~! I know you will find something perfect! I always love "The Veranda" in Provo and "P&C" in the Riverwoods also!
Good Luck, i can't wait to see the Finished Product!
Hi it's Sheena, Kelli's friend. So I was watching HGTV last weekend and they were doing a room makeover and they used a chocolate brown, a gray blue and then they accented with a rusty orange. I know it doesn't sound cute but it looked so good. They didn't use a lot of orange but just a few suttle hints.
Looking at your room made me think of what they did, I think a mustard yellow would be the perfect accent. You could use a lot of black and blue and then incorporate some yellow accents with pillows and something an the walls. I don't really know what I'm talking about but I thought it was a cute idea. I love the colors you've used and I'm sure whatever you use will be lovely!!
Great color, Becks. I think a deep yellow or even chocolate brown might look good popping against that bedspread. But I'm no color-ist!
Fun. Fun. When you're all finished, you should submit a photo to Your Heart Out! It's sure to be a favorite spot, right?
Becky, love the color and the bedspread. I would get gold pillows and with maybe some true red. My opinion.
My vote is for redish orangish pillows mixed with several patterns that include all the colors. Make your own!! You don't want the same as everyone else!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! I'm adding you to my family and friends for sure!
Love
Laurie
World market carries cute decorative pillows, I think you have one in Park city. I love Anthropologie bedding! I'll never go back, it's SO soft! Really cute, I'm all about bright colors!
Becky, thanks for visiting my blog. It was the Chestnut St. shops. I don't know the specific name, but it was right down the street from the little crepery we went to. I've done some research and though I can't find the name of the shop, I'm pretty sure it was up the street from the Chestnut Bakery and then further down from that was the Squat and Gobble, which had the crepes. It was all on the same side of the street.
Good luck!!!
Oh quit it! You are for sure one of the most creative peeps I know! But I will keep my eyes peeled for you... It is looking gorgeous! You are amazing as usual! I am liking the mustard or a bit of orange ideas... Love shopping for a project. I will keep you posted... Love you!
Love the wall and bedspread...I think you should definitely add another bold color (but I love color). It is just so hard to find the right pattern and color as I am learning...I am in the market for pillows too. I think I might have better luck finding fabric and making them myself. I will keep my eyes out for you!
I found the PERFECT pillows for your room, then I looked at the price tag, one pillow was $73.00 and the other was $98.00. I was at Neiman Marcus last call outlet and apparently $73 is a killer deal on a pillow... whatever!!! They were perfect though, the same blue as the wall with some great intricate designs on them. Maybe if they go on clearance they'll only be $50!!
Pier 1 actually has some really cute accent pillow with those colors. It has brown in it but it might all tie together great. Z Gallerie in the Gateway is another store that might have something you can use.
I'm always up for a design challenge, especially when it's not my own. You may wish you never asked:)
The Wall: 1) Find a pretty oil painting in a chunky frame that incorperates your wall color (or one in the same family), then go from there to tie in colors of the painting into your bedding...
OR
2)A mirror like the Lavello Mirror on ballarddesigns.com would be nice...
OR
3)Vintage ceiling tiles (i.e. pottery barn, rod works, or make your own)You could stick with antiqued white or paint and antique with the same colors you decide to incorperate in your bedding so it all ties together.
The bedding: For a clean & classic look, try Restoration Hardware for a pillows or shams. I think all of there patterns would work well with your bedding as long as it matches in color. If you want more pillows with pattern and texture you could use a stripe, bold medallion jackard, or maybe even a toile. You may just need find the fabric and make them yourself(or have them made).
I think the key is... if you do something busy on the wall, keep it more simple on the bed...and vice versa.
I love what you have done and think you have a great start. The possibilities are endless... so good luck. I'm looking forward to the final product!
-Rebecca Mauss
Weird and random I came here, but Smith's Marketplace has some great pillows...would go perfectly.
Sorry for the late comment on this one but when I saw your pic I instantly thought of one of my catalogs. Check out http://www.poshtots.com There is a room with these exact colors and with a bit of RED accents. Loved it. True its not a bedroom and I didn't see any pillows but could make for some inspiration. The website doesn't have as good pics of the room as the catalog does so if you see it and like it I suggest requesting catalog. Good stuff in there. Expensive but good.
Post a Comment