Wednesday, March 7, 2007

i am grateful

i've been meaning to post pictures of my calendar pages that i've been scrapbooking for my "year to remember" class, so i posted february's below and i'll post march's real soon. :-)

this month in the class our teacher, heidi, has asked us to think of all the things we are grateful for and i've had the time to really reflect on my life and what is most important. the obvious: i am grateful for an extremely loving husband who teaches me patience and puts up with all my dippiness. besides he's gorgeous! i'm grateful for the ability to bear children and beautiful ones if i might add! (wink, wink) my son, max, is such a delight and brings me so much joy. he is growing up way too fast and is already 18 months old. as many of you know, my first born, rylee ann passed away when she was 5 months, 7 days old. it hasn't been an easy road for our family, but we have been blessed with the comfort of knowing that we will raise her again, in a more perfect world. this saturday she would have been 3 and this week as i reflect on her life, i am reminded of the great blessings and promises the Lord has for me.

i got a surprise yesterday in the mail from one of my good girlfriends. sara bateman sent me these cute cards and envelopes and just wanted me to know that she was thinking of me as rylee's birthday comes up. how thoughtful, thanks sara!



10 comments:

Granum Family said...

K. well I think this is the first post that has made me cry! Anyone who knows you is so lucky to have you be a part of their life!!! You are an amazing mom, wife and friend. I know that Rylee is smiling every day knowing what an amazing family she has. I love you!

Shannon said...

Now I am crying too! You truly are given the most wonderful gift ever~ A Beautiful Daughter who watches over and Protects her sweet little Family!
Your family is ADORABLE, and You are truly Blessed!~

Shannon said...

Oh and By the way...I love the Calendar page. You are so DANG talented!

Kierstin said...

Becky...you truly are an amazing person!! Rylee Ann and Max are SO lucky to have you as their mommy!! You are blessing their lives so much, just as they are both blessing yours! I wish I could give you a huge hug right now.... Love, Kierstin

It's Been a Day! said...

What a sweet entry. I hope to take this time now to reflect on all the things that I am grateful for and the truly important things in my life.

Now on to another subject, how did you customize your blog with that border and header? Let me know. I know, a little inappropriate comment but I just had to ask!! Take care.

ali said...

Becky, thank you for offering your always wonderful perspective on things. So happy we're still friends.

And I definitely think you've earned the right to say that your children are beautiful! There's no denying it.

Those cards from Sara are so pretty, too. She's a thoughtful friend.

ali said...

Oh yes, and your calendar is so cute too. It was fun to see Sara P.'s cute little face. I haven't seen her in waaaay too long.

Tanya Kimball said...

I can't believe that 3 years have past since Rylee was born! I know that she is a guardian angel for your family and is closer than we know.

Thanks for the insight and reflection. I need to do more of that myself. You always are a great friend to me! Love ya!

Crook Family of 5 said...

Becky you inspire me. You are seriously such an amazing mom and scrapper! The next heidi if I may say so!! My thoughts will be with you this weekend too. Love ya!

Beth Davis said...

I have to agree with what everyone has said so far. You are amazing! I love you Becky!!